Exciting news-- our community has made it to the SECOND ROUND in the Knight Community Information Challenge! This means we have the opportunity to participate in a NATIONAL challenge. As the Knight Foundation explains on their website here, the challenge is to develop creative and innovative local approaches to:
- Increase our ability as community members to engage in change
- Develop in ourselves as community members a strong sense of belonging and caring
- Increase our timely access to relevant information about our community
- Improve our ability to understand information about our own community, and
- Strengthen our motivation, opportunities and skills as community members to take sustainable action on a range of issues throughout our lives.
This is exactly what the Community Data Collaborative of Sarasota County is all about, so we are well poised as a community to compete in this national challenge! If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Allison Pinto at SCOPE at email@example.com.
And a quick shout out to the Knight Foundation - thanks for establishing this challenge, and for promoting an orientation that "supports transformational ideas" and believes that "democracy thrives when people and communities are informed and engaged." YES.